Let’s change the statistics this year
so you can enjoy a resolution revolution in 2014!
A New Year provides us with the opportunity to create change, get focused, lose weight, stop smoking, get fit and healthy, spend less/save more, get organised etc., all of which are very worthy and achievable goals. So why is it that only 8% of people making New Year Resolutions actually achieve them?
Those referred to in these statistics failed because (1) they had unrealistic goals (2) no specific target/time frame (3) no means to achieve the target (4) they were too general or vague. WHERE AS YOU WILL SUCCEED because you have a STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS!
But before you embark on your Strategy for Success, you may well be asking yourself if you even need a goal or a strategy at all? You need a goal because goals give you and your life direction. By setting a goal you are making a definite commitment to yourself, which means that you are 10 times more likely to achieve it. But also, you are putting a powerful force into play on a universal, conscious and subconscious level.
As for a strategy, let me put it this way, if my goal this year is to bring the family on a really special holiday, I can just leave that thought floating around my head with all the other unconnected thoughts and what a nice thought it is! Unless I have a clear strategy of choosing a destination, a departure date, a tour operator, plan to save money, book the flights etc., that really special holiday will just stay in my head! So you pretty much get what I’m saying, right?
Unless you choose your destination (your goal) and plan your journey (the steps you need to take), you are denying yourself of all the benefits/rewards, including success, pride, joy, exhilaration that are rightly yours and there for the taking!
SO ARE YOU READY, FOR YOUR 4 STEPS TO RESOLUTION SUCCESS?
STEP 1:- MOST IMPORTANT – Think about what you do want and not what you don’t want. What would you like to have happen in your life this year? Be SPECIFIC & CLEAR! Perhaps you may even have a couple of goals and if you do, create a separate strategy for each one.
- NON-SPECIFIC GOAL:- “I want to lose weight” – like the holiday just a stray thought!
- SPECIFIC GOAL – “on the 10th March 2014 I will have accomplished my goal and be 14lbs lighter having lost 1-2 lbs a week, every week. I am enjoying feeling lighter, happier, full of energy, slimmer and looking really good for my daughter’s confirmation” (yes, this is my first goal of 2014!)
As you consider what it is you would like to achieve or have happen in your life this year. This goal should be a must, not a want, a like or a should but an absolute must. Make sure to write it down and also list 52 reasons that make it worth wanting. Then commit to the success of achieving your goal with passion, drive & motivation.
STEP 2:- Take the time to answer each of these questions (writing down all of the answers):-
- What will achieving my goal do for me? And in what way
- How will I know when I have achieved it?
- What do I need to do in order to accomplish my goal? What ACTION do I need to take and how often do I need to take ACTION steps?
- What skills do I already have, that will assist me? (Perhaps you are determined, or organised, have some particular knowledge, confidence etc. Think about this and acknowledge and recognise the skills you already have.)
- How will achieving my goal enhance my life and what will I gain?
- How am I going to achieve my goal?
- Who else will be involved? And if anyone else is involved, what do I want from them?
- How will I know that I am progressing?
- Once I have achieved my goal, how do I maintain it or even make it better?
STEP 3: NOW CLOSE YOUR EYES AND MAKE IT REAL! Live it, allow the achievement of your goal come to life! I want you to experience in every way possible what it will be like for you when you do achieve your goal, how it will feel, what you will see, what you will hear, the difference it will make in your life, to your life, the short term and the long term rewards. Imagine the pure satisfaction as you fulfill each goal and enjoy the benefits, the success!
STEP 4: BE READY TO:-
– meet challenges with courage & creativity
– to meet setbacks with perseverance
– to meet problems with solutions
– BE UNSTOPPABLE & GO FOR IT!
You can receive a pdf form to set out your Personal Strategy for Success for 2014 by emailing me @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Start setting out your Strategy for Success today because on Friday there will a complimentary recording just for you, on ‘Focus & Strategic Visioning’ on the facebook page www.facebook.com/thecliniccmx